Custom Contact Lenses in Midtown Manhattan at
Lawrence S Forgacs, O.D.,F.A.A.O
Eye Care Associates In Optometry
Vision plays a critical role in a person’s daily life. Any slightest trouble related to vision can have a significant impact on a person’s health. Vision trouble can lead to muscle tension, headaches, and fatigue. Contact lenses act as a primary source of vision correction. Having worked in the optometry field for a long time, Forgacs O.D., F.A.A.O. has the experience and expertise required to detect serious vision problems.
At Lawrence S. Forgacs, O.D., we provide complete eye care services to patients in Midtown Manhattan and the entire tri-state community. Some patients will travel across the entire country to be fitted with custom contact lenses by Forgacs O.D., F.A.A.O.. If you experience any signs of vision problems, you should opt for contact lens wear. However, before fitting a contact lens, you need to undergo a comprehensive eye exam from an AOA Contact Lens Certified Specialist. If well fit, contact lenses are an excellent solution to vision impairment and a great alternative to wearing eyeglasses. If you seek a contact lens fitting and Low Vision Services specialist, Forgacs O.D., F.A.A.O. is here for you.
Types of Contact Lenses
There are various types of contact lenses we can recommend to patients depending on their eye care needs. Common types include:
- Daily disposable: The healthiest option for the eyes since they provide a fresh lens feeling every day without worrying about cleaning regimens or protein deposits.
- Extended wear: Worn under the supervision and approval of your eye doctor. Some can be worn up to 30 consecutive nights. While some lenses can be worn for a longer period of time, they are all disposable contact lenses. Our eye doctor will determine an appropriate replacement schedule based on your needs.
What to Expect During a Contact Lens Fitting
Before getting contact lenses, the first step is to receive a comprehensive eye exam, during which our optometrist determines your prescription. What follows is contact lenses fitting. However, after your contact lens exam, you should expect:
- Lens preferences and options: our eye doctor gathers information regarding your lifestyle to figure out the best type of lenses for you.
- Eye measurements: The next step involves taking measurements of your eyes to check the curve and diameter you will need in your lenses. The eye doctor then takes a measurement of the pupil and the iris and lastly determines whether the eye has enough tears to keep your contacts moist.
- Contact lens training: after choosing the appropriate contact lens, our team will use a trial pair to teach you how to place the contacts in and remove them from your eyes.
- Follow-up visit: Before ordering the contacts, our doctor requires that you come in to ensure that the lenses are comfortable. If everything goes well, our doctor will then order your supply of lenses.
Contact Us for Contact Lenses in NYC
If you are looking for an experienced Optometrist in Midtown Manhattan, our professional staff at Lawrence S Forgacs, O.D., F.A.A.O., is here for you. We offer various types of contact lenses, including disposable, extended-wear, toric, hard-to-fit lenses, and more. We also provide a wide range of optometric care services to ensure all your eye care needs are met. To schedule an appointment with Forgacs O.D., F.A.A.O., contact us at (212) 583-9000 today.